16th May 2014
1) What have we learned about Pfizer/AstraZeneca? Broker Panmure Gordon now say shares are worth as much as £105 as International Business Times reports. On Mindful Money Tony Levene says that if the price is right then surely Pfizer will win out.
2) The Financial Times suggests that this time the property bubble could really burst. Axa says the country should be able to weather the fall by boosting things elsewhere. And on Mindful Money, Axa’s Mark Tinker says follow the honest money.
3) Investors are less than impressed with the merger plans of the Carphone Warehouse and Dixons. Shares in Dixons fell 10.3% and Carphone Warehouse shares were down 8%.
4) Neil Woodford expresses reservations about the dividend prospects of UK companies including oil majors Shell and BP as Investment Week reports.
5) Indian stocks surges as Narenda Mody secures a landslide win and the BSE Sensex index shoots past 25,000.