10th January 2014
1) Base rates are held at 0.5%. Savingschampion’s Anna Bowes says savings providers are anticipating a rise but not for a while as rates on two year bonds and above are increasing.
2) One of the world’s most successful investors Warren Buffett may be proving that nobody’s perfect as Berkshire Hathaway is likely to have missed is five year target for beating the S&P as LA Times.
3) The US sees a big jobs undershoot. What does this mean for tapering? Maybe a pause for thought next time.
4) Financial information firm Markit expects the FTSE 350 to pay out dividends of £72.4bn this year.
5) Christmas sales bring bad news for M&S, Morrisons and Tesco, though it isn’t a collective sell signal say brokers.